Pout Post: STIKS COSMETIKS Lipsticks

17:48 Endi Feng 1 Comments

Hi, lovely people..

Long time no see. How are you?
I hope you are all well. 

I am back with another lipstick review & swatches on STIKS COSMETIKS in Mauve, Burgundy, & Nude colours.


source - https://instagram.com/p/4AT0RvwUQV/?taken-by=stiks_cosmetiks
I bought mine from PADUSEE on Instagram. If you are living in Jakarta, Padusee is your destination to shop hip cosmetics, with great pricings! She carries high-end brands, & US indie brands.
Because I bought the trio, I got a case which can accommodate the three lipsticks. Cute, no?

Although the packaging looks so sturdy, metal like casing, but it turns out like another cheap lipstick. The casing is made out of plastic. BLAH. With $50 for 3 lipsticks, I expect more from that. 

With price range that competing MAC's lipsticks, the formulation & colour payoff are far from it. Especially the Nude colour. It is patchy, and dry. I have to outline my lips using darker nude colour to make it look livelier, otherwise I will look ill.


Stiks Cosmeticks lipstick in 'Nude'
To get the opacity & evenness of the Nude colour, I applied more than 3 plies on the lips(maybe around 5-6 plies). The most patchy nude lipcolour I own so far. And I outlined the lips using MAC 'Whirl' lip pencil on the swatch photo above.
I don't like this one. Maybe people with lighter skintone than me can rock this kind of pale nude on the lips. I looked ill when wearing this.

BUT! The darker colours are like hidden gems!
The Mauve & Burgundy colour are gorgeous. No kidding. The formula is smoother, glides on the lips easily. Opaque in 2 or 3 plies of application.


STIKS COSMETIKS Lipstick in 'Mauve'
STIKS COSMETIKS Lipstick in 'Burgundy'
Because the lipstick bullet is slanted with sharp edges, I need no lip pencils to outline the lips for these 2 colours. My swatches may not portray the real colour, my lighting washed away the colour. 

The Mauve colour is my personal fave. I only need to apply 2-3 plies to get the opacity. Definitely the formula is better than the Nude colour. I don't know what's wrong.

Mauve & Burgundy are great for fall too! Have you try them out?
If not, you might want to grab the darker colours.






XOXO


1 comment:

  1. too bad that nude one looks bad at all and have different formula.
    Burgundy its my fave. Its seem nice onto your lips :), the case looks like cigarette box #LOL

    Come and see Ma Blog | MY Dellilah Blog |

    ReplyDelete